- TCard Board
- T Card Systems Explained
- Tcard Systems in Manufacturing Environment
- Versatility of Tcard Systems:Implementations across Diverse Industries
- Digital T Cards Board
- Greater insights into your operations
- Improved stability across the operations
- Enhanced Team culture
- Task Management made simple
T Cards board form an easy and effective visual management system to manage the various processes in the business. Irrespective of the industries, every organisation benefits from using the Tcards for production planning, scheduling, stock control, communication, visual workflow and audit controls.
T Card Systems Explained
A physical TCard system is a board mounted on a wall containing the respective operational process that needs to be carried out. It consists of T-shaped cards and the T card board or the Tracker racks.
Tcards are T- shaped cards that come in different sizes and different colours. The width of the card decides the size of the TCard and the tcard racks on which it is placed. The t cards have slightly wider title strips, allowing them to have the labels of the tasks. The label will contain the name, topic or task and other details like the actions to be taken, tools required, frequency and the person responsible on the body.
Tcard boards are the tracker racks that form the framework for the visual planning system. The tracker racks can be either Tcard racks or tcard strips. The tcard strip is an individual column containing the slots, and the tcard rack is a group of tcard strips with support at the top and bottom to keep the strips together. The board is divided into columns, each representing a task in the process. The tcards are arranged in the racks according to the schedule by which the tasks are to be completed. The top of the T containing the key information will be visible on the board, whereas the body of the card fits into the slot.
Tcard Systems in Manufacturing Environment
In the context of manufacturing, the term "Tcard System" can refer to a visual management system that uses T-shaped cards to track the status and progress of work on a production line or within a factory.
Each T-card typically contains information such as the work order number, product details, work instructions, and the current status of the work being performed. The T-cards are placed on a board or rack in a specific order that represents the sequence of tasks required to complete a production run.
As work progresses, the T-cards are moved from one position to another on the board or rack, indicating the completion of each task and the status of the overall job. This visual management system allows workers and managers to quickly and easily see the status of work, identify bottlenecks, and take corrective action to improve efficiency and productivity.
To create a Tcard system for manufacturing work order management, you'll need to follow a few steps:
Define the information needed on the Tcards:
The Tcards should include information such as the work order number, product details, work instructions, and the current status of the work.
Choose the appropriate Tcards and board:
Choose Tcards that are the right size and colour for your requirements. Also, select a board or rack that is large enough to display all the Tcards in the right order.
Determine the workflow:
Decide on the sequence of tasks required to complete a production run, and arrange the Tcards on the board accordingly.
Train your team:
Train your team on how to use the Tcard system, including how to move Tcards from one position to another and update the work status.
Monitor progress and make adjustments:
Continuously monitor progress using the Tcard system and make changes as necessary to improve efficiency and productivity.
Use the data collected from the Tcard system to identify areas for improvement and implement changes to optimise the process.
In summary, a Tcard system is a useful tool for work order management. By following the steps outlined above, you can create a Tcard system that organises and tracks work on the factory floor, helping manufacturers to optimise their production processes and reduce waste.
Versatility of Tcard Systems:
Implementations across Diverse Industries
Industries worldwide find Tcard systems an invaluable tool in their daily operations.
Motor Trade: The automotive Tcards are the most simple and cost-effective way of managing all the motor trade-related activities from Order to Delivery track status.
- Inventory or stock management
- Monitor Vehicle Manufacturing
- Planning and Execution
Health and Safety: The Tcard systems in Health and Safety form the framework for ensuring the sites are safe, and the equipment is maintained effectively.
- Near miss reporting
- Simple In/Out boards
- Maintenance tasks boards
Healthcare: The Tcards have been a familiar system for healthcare systems like the NHS. Tcards have many applications in the healthcare industry, ranging from resource management and task allocation to pharmacy stock control.
Muster Points and Emergency Response: TCard boards can be designed for crew muster in case of emergency to provide assembly points and designate personnel assigned to emergency response duties.
Plant Hire: Whether it is a crane or hand drill, tcards in an equipment rental service manage the assets with ease.
- Owned and Hired Asset Management
- Parent-Child Relationship
- Visible Depot Transfer (In and Out)
Pharmaceuticals: Keep track of the GMP and minimise the risks in your Pharmaceutical production with Pharma Tcards.
- Production Plan Visualisation
- Machine History and Allocation
- Real-Time Pharmaceutical Metrics
Construction: Tcard systems can help you effectively manage projects, processes and people in a single place.
- Project Management
- Real-time collaboration
- Employee Skill Identification
- Manage Resources
HVAC industry: TCard systems can streamline HVAC projects straightaway.
- Project & Field Management services
- Facility Management
- Work order planning and execution
Digital T Cards Board
The traditional Tcard boards caused various constraints, like being unable to be accessed from multiple locations or limiting the number of boards or cards. Manual sorting and handwritten checklists can be prone to more errors. Delayed updates and limited customisation can hinder your progress.
Switching to a Digital T Card system can help you resolve these limitations. Digital T Card is a cloud-based software that streamlines and optimises all processes on multiple devices, including your iPad, Mobile or a Web-based solution.
- Retain the advantages of the physical Tcard boards
- Graphical and data summaries
- Access from anywhere
- Multiple users
- Unlimited cards and boards
- Updates in real-time
- Not prone to damage
- Remote collaboration is possible
- User-friendly interface
- Drag and Drop facility
- Highly customisable
- Integrate with other systems
- Visibility for the processes
Greater insights into your operations
Tcards form an effective operations management solution that can provide real-time insights into the status of the operations on the shop floor.
- Tracking the status of the activities ensures the safe functioning of the operations.
- Complete visibility of the whole operations across every shift- anywhere, anytime.
- Facilitate two-way communication increasing operational awareness and making task allocation easy.
- Keep a complete log of the tasks and their statuses.
Improved stability across the operations
Tcard systems can be your companion who will stay long with you to proactively manage your plant operations be it the equipment breakdowns or managing the shutdowns.
- Effectively eliminating workplace hazards and creating a safe working place.
- Add structure to daily activities and ensure that they are performed consistently.
- Plan regular activities across the team and prioritise the tasks accordingly.
Enhanced Team culture
The Tcard system allows the creation of a connected workforce and a strong team environment.
- Making the operations and the time-critical activities to be made visible to the operators and the supervisors.
- Two-way communication by connecting the frontline workers with the supervisors and the managers.
- Create a connected workforce that takes less response time.
- Creates transparency in task management.
Task Management made simple
Tcards allow you to allocate tasks to the team members, track their progress, and manage it in real time.
- Easier adoption of the existing workflow.
- Seamless integration with the current ERP system.
- Dashboards give a visual representation of the workflow and real-time data.
- Forms a proper auditing system for keeping track of the safety and production tasks critical to the operations.
- Managing unlimited tasks and unlimited operators.
- Tailor, prioritise, automate and track tasks to ensure smooth and efficient administration of each shift.